Women Barristers Forum
The Women Barristers Forum is a section of the New South Wales Bar Association created for promoting and supporting Women at the New South Wales Bar. The work of the Women Barristers Forum is to:
- promote awareness, discussion and resolution of issues which particularly affect women barristers;
- identify, highlight and eradicate discrimination against women in law and in the legal system;
- advance substantive, and not merely formal, equality for women at the bar and in the legal profession generally;
- provide a professional and social network for women barristers;
- support and encourage women at the bar;
- promote the interests and skills of women barristers; and
- support diversity and flexibility at the bar.
Throughout the year the WBF holds seminars, arranges networking functions and assists in the creation of policies and measures aimed at advancing women at the bar. WBF also seeks to work closely with the Equal Opportunity Committee of the New South Wales Bar Association and Women Lawyers Association of NSW.